Parent Conference Success!
If you were unable to attend last night's Parent Conference, here are a couple of important dates and details we went over:
1. The Winter Concert is on 12/7/23 in the ESMS Auditorium. We will be sending out a letter with an itinerary and details on what students will be expected to wear for the concert. Keep an eye out for details posted/sent to you before Thanksgiving.
2. Students can checkout instruments ANY time during the school day. I do advise the students when I am unable to be in the classroom after school; most teachers are pretty flexible with students coming toward the end of 7th period to collect their instruments as well.
3. All students will be participating in a few performances on campus AND off campus in the Spring. These will be music festivals around the district and even at a local theme park!
4. Keep encouraging your student to practice around you so they gain more confidence in their technique.
5. I do have music stands students can also check out as of 10/23 to help them improve their sight-reading skills.
6. We will have some fundraising coming up and you will get letters regarding that as well!
If you did attend: Thank you so much for attending last night! We ended up having a pretty big line of people waiting at the end. If I was unable to meet last night due to the tight schedule, I am available to meet with you next week regarding your student. You can call the Main Office at 323-224-4700 to schedule a conference at your convenience.
Again, thank you for your time and your continued support of your student's academic progress!